1. Hootsuite – As one of the most well-known and most used tools on our list, Hootsuite is a go-to tool for many businesses. Hootsuite allows you to manage all your social media platforms from one universal location. No more signing in and wasting time navigating around. Hootsuite boasts many time-saving features, like scheduling posts for the future and responding to comments all in one dashboard.
Hootsuite is great for golf courses because it makes it possible to schedule a whole week's worth of social media activity in one sitting. This keeps golf course operators from having to post content to multiple social media platforms on a day to day basis.
2. Canva – Humans are visual learners. Images have become nearly mandatory on social media. Canva allows you to create professional quality banners to use for your posts. In a few minutes, you can create an image to use for nearly any occasion. Canva is extremely intuitive to use and has hundreds of different templates to choose from making it anyone look like a skilled designer.
3. Bitly – Using long URL’s for social media posts is not ideal. Bitly shortens links down to just a few characters, helping save valuable content real estate. Bitly is simple to use and only takes a few seconds to produce a shortened link. Hootsuite (mentioned above) has their own version of this same functionality.
4. IFTTT – If This Than That is an automation tool that allows you to only have to post to one single social media platform. We see a lot of golf facilities use Facebook, but don’t utilize other platforms due to time constraints. IFTTT allows you to link all your social media accounts, so you post to everywhere at once. Only use a select few social medias? You can connect as many or as few accounts as you’d like.
5. Feedly – Keeping up with the industry’s current events is important for managing social media for your golf course. Feedly allows you to add multiple blogs and news sources all in one dashboard. You could add ESPN, Golf.com, and any other source to one feed, allowing you to get the latest golf news instantly. Feedly is great for social media managers or just anyone wanting to stay current.
There are plenty of social media tools out there, but these are the ones we’ve come to know and love. By utilizing these 5 tools, you can manage social accounts in a fraction of the time and make it work for your schedule. While social media is a vital part of golf course marketing these days, it doesn’t have to be a hassle.